Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Endeavors and a New Year

Unyunga got its start with a comment made by my husband last year.

As I was crocheting away at a sweater I was designing for myself, he said, "You should write down the patterns for the things you make. Someone else would probably like to make them, too." I poopooed him and said it was too much work, but it stuck there in the back of my mind.

Since I was just starting that sweater, I had to write the pattern down. I was working it from the center of the back toward the cuffs and I needed a pattern to remember how to do the other side. Turns out, it's not so hard to write a pattern and really doesn't take much time since it gets done as I go.

Then I heard Mary Beth Temple advertise her classes on her Getting Loopy podcast. I was a week late joining, but I caught up quickly and it was worth every penny. She gave me the information I needed to self publish patterns.

So, Unyunga was born in October of 2009 and I've been branding and designing up a storm. My goal is to have 3 to 6 scarf patterns published by the end of January. A good beginning to the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment