Friday, April 9, 2010

Fiber Festivals

I love fiber festivals and the fact that there are three close enough to my home here in Colorado is a bonus.

The first one coming up is the Pagosa Fiber Festival in Pagosa Springs, Colorado and it's always on Memorial Day weekend. It's small and cozy, but a great opportunity to meet smaller suppliers from southern Colorado. It's a great stop on the way to or from Durango from the Front Range.

The second one is the Estes Park Wool Market in Estes Park, Colorado. Bigger and busier, it attracts people and suppliers from all over the West. It's like a fair with the vendors in a big building and a lot of animals of all varieties in the barns and being shown in competition. This year it's occurring June 10th through 13th. This is a lot of fun to do since I can go get my fiber fix in the morning, then go enjoy Rocky Mountain National Park in the afternoon.

The final one is the Taos Wool Festival in Taos, New Mexico. It's smaller than Estes Park but bigger than Pagosa Springs and this year's dates are October 2nd and 3rd. The drive there is beautiful and the timing is good for enjoying fall color. When I'm done at the festival, I love to go enjoy the city of Taos.

Needless to say, I've marked my calendar. Do you have fiber festivals in your area? Where are they and what do you like about them?

1 comment:

  1. off to my first fibre fest later this month, Wonderwool in Wales (UK) with an ever growing shopping list of fibres to buy.

    ReplyDelete