Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Busy Past, Unsure Future

I've been kind of silent lately. Trouble with day jobs is that they can kind of take over your life and suddenly you find that everything else gives way and comes to a stop.

Well, almost everything.

While I've been coming home exhausted from work, I have tried to fit in a little creativity during lunch breaks. But not a lot. Sewing, embroidery, crochet, painting...

I've been planning this post in my head for a couple of weeks and I was going to post photos of the bits and pieces I've been doing.

But life took a new turn today.

Right now I don't know if I still have a home. I'm at my parent's house with the Honey and the cat. The last time I saw the mountain behind my house was about 4:30 this afternoon.

Fire was barreling down the mountain side to the south of my home and above it right above the quarry that is above my home. Then the wind picked up and blew the smoke around, enveloping the city in darkness.

So, I'm kind of in limbo. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment