Monday, November 19, 2012

Local Fame

I made the local paper today.

A reporter and photographer came to the Holiday Sale put on by the Front Range Fiber Artisans this last weekend.

I'm an active member and participated in the Holiday Sale both as a planner/implementer and by including some of my things for sale.

My family has not had much luck with accuracy when interviewed by the Gazette, so when I was interviewed yesterday I wondered if I would get in and what he would get wrong.

I had to chuckle when I read the article. Since a lot of crocheters get frustrated when people call it knitting and knitters get frustrated when people call it crocheting I could hardly be surprised that when the guy had just interviewed a bunch of weavers that he would think I was a weaver too. Crocheting could be construed as a sort of weaving. It's all interlacement...just different methods.

He was intrigued by my Cobweb Ribbons Wrap which was on a mannequin near by. When I told him it was made of mohair and silk, he asked what mohair was. I explained that it came from a special kind of goat.

So in the article I'm a weaver who uses goat hair. True...from a certain point of view. It's a good thing I've got a good sense of humor.

Read the whole article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment