Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bookbinding and Fiber Art

Creativity packs, especially fiber based ones, excite me. I found this one from Painters Threads Collection at Blue Twig Studio.

Creativity Pack opened up and prepped.
I was so excited when I got it that I immediately opened it up and started separating things out. I had it all prepped before I thought to take a picture of it for you. When I received it, the stabilizer was a 4"x6" sheet (which I cut in half) and the yarns were gathered together in one hank.

To the pack I added some beads to add a bit of extra sparkle. When I was done embellishing the cover, I lined them with some scrap fabric and added some Canson XL Multi-Media paper for the pages.

I used the flat tape to reenforce the binding edges and left one of them extra long to act as a bookmark. The binding was done with some of the yarn from the pack.
The finished book.
The finished book is about 3" wide, 4" tall, and about 1/2" thick. Everything is sewn and the only glue used was on the knots to ensure they don't come undone.

There are some creativity packs from Treenway, too. I might have to try one of them next.

No comments:

Post a Comment